CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, September 8, 2008

Still holding my breath


My enthusiasm over Ina's cookbook release, next month is overshadowed by the MOST amazing surprise and I am just thrilled! In this post I mentioned my long, long, standing desire to possess, "The Dove's Nest" cookbook. It's one of those things I have no clue why I never bought it because I have wanted it for years.

Last night, as I was reading through email posts, after a VERY long day, I was shocked to see three comments on my blog posts!!! Comments...on my blog? Memaw is really the faithful lone commenter on my posts, so to have three was just amazing. [Thanks Memaw for dropping a comment my way, for some reason it does matter to me to have comments left, even though it's not why I write, it is certainly something that I look forward to.]

Two comments left were from Sherri, who has been reading my posts for quite some time, came by way of Mildred. Her blog is great, she's super talented and her new blog format is Awesome. Click on over and see all of her amazing work, it's really cool. I've added her to my Google Reader--can I just say I love that thing!-and will be reading her pages for faithfully. The third post/comment blew me away and made me tear up! It was from...are you ready for this? It was from the Owner of the Dove's Nest and this is what she had to say:

"I am Cindy Burch, the owner and author of The Doves Nest Restaurant and cookbook in Waxahachie, Texas. A friend sent me the link to your blog and I am thrilled that you love my recipes. As a thank you for posting my book on your blog site, I would love to send you your very own copy. Please send me your address and I will ship a copy to you ASAP. Thanks again and I hope you can visit us in Waxahahcie soon. We were listed in the May issue of Southern Living as one of the best exits off Interstate 35...from Oklahoma to Laredo. So come on down.....
www.thedovesnestrestaurant.com"
I have to say I was stunned and moved to tears. This is huge...to me who NEVER has this happen. I'm just absolutely positively thrilled and excited that I'm getting this cookbook! And it's coming from the author, who will put it in an envelope and mail it and send it to me!!! I just can't believe it. So, I will now eat my words and say...I'M GOING TO WAXAHACIE,TX JUST TO EAT AT THE DOVE'S NEST! I can't wait to go. First on my list is to, locate Waxahacie, then the rest is down hill from there.

Sherri at Tied up in Ribbons also gave me an award for my blog...its' a good month for this blog! I'm trying to figure out the etiquette to accepting awards and all that, I'm really new to blog land and I don't want to offend the hand full of people who read my posts. Sherri, how do I do it? What do I do? Show me the way.

I will for sure be telling you ALL about this book when I get it. I'm holding my breath!!



5 comments:

Sherri said...

if you want to put the award on your blog, you can save it as an image and then post it just like a photo on your blog.

I hope others find their way to your blog. You really do have a gift for story telling.

PS: Waxahachie is about 30 miles south of Dallas on I-35E. Grab Mildred on your way!

Anonymous said...

It is extremely interesting for me to read that blog. Thanks for it. I like such topics and everything connected to this matter. I would like to read a bit more soon.

Anonymous said...

It was certainly interesting for me to read that post. Thanks for it. I like such topics and everything connected to this matter. I would like to read more on that blog soon.

Anonymous said...

[url=http://kfarbair.com][img]http://www.kfarbair.com/_images/_photos/photo_big8.jpg[/img][/url]

בית מלון [url=http://www.kfarbair.com]כפר בעיר[/url] - אינטימיות, [url=http://kfarbair.com/services.html]שקט[/url] . אנו מציעים שירותי אירוח מגוונים גם יש במקום שירות חדרים הכולל [url=http://www.kfarbair.com/eng/index.html]אחרוחות רומנטיות[/url] במחירים מפתיעים אשר יוגשו ישירות לחדרכם.

לפרטים נוספים נא לפנות לאתר האינטרנט שלנו - [url=http://kfarbair.com]כפר בעיר[/url] [url=http://www.kfarbair.com/contact.html][img]http://www.kfarbair.com/_images/apixel.gif[/img][/url]

Anonymous said...

By the way, use GSM jammer to block all secret transmitters in your room or at work.